Characters in "Project 1987" Edit
- Erwin (Protagonist): Has served in the U.S. Army for four years after being disqualified when he was injured in a car accident in 1980, however, he recovered and decided to join the FWO in 1982 to become a top secret photographer, leading up to the events of Freedom Squad.
- Aria Richter (Second Protagonist): She joined the FWO in 1985 as an assassin. However, she doesn't talk that much, but she’s a very good marksman.
- John Tudor (Third Protagonist): Served in the Vietnam War in 1975 as an Air Force Pilot. Joined the FWO in the early 80's as a secret agent. He has traveled to numerous communist countries such as North Korea, North Vietnam, China, and Cuba.
- Adrian Ciobanu: Founder and main leader of the LPP
- Mariana Ciobanu: Sister of Adrian, later becomes the leader of the LPP after her brother's execution by the communists.
- Nikita Lupei (Main Antagonist): A narcissistic, egotistic Romanian dictator who wants to establish a nuclear program and plans on taking over the Balkan states with the help of the Soviet Union.
- Lev Volkov (Second Antagonist): Leader of the Soviet Union who is willing to help support Nikita’s “expansion plan”.
- Vasile Turcu: He is the Secretary of Defense of Romania.
- Ivan Dobrescu: Turkish-Romanian Civil War veteran, a former soldier of the Socialist Military and aircraft mechanic and weapons expert. He joined the LPP in 1987.
- Morder: Means "Murder" in German. A Romanian informant for the Securitate Romana who sets up the LPP to the Communists.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.